This will be an inspirational and stimulating day with a great deal of new ideas and opportunities on both international business development and on new product development.
- The day starts off at 13.30 with registration and coffee and the actual programme opens at 14.00. This includes an overview of opportunities for the packaging industry taking a truly international stance. We are going to meet representatives from the leading markets in South East Asia talking about business opportunities for the packaging industry. With speakers also from India and Brazil addressing business opportunities in their markets we are covering a broad range of key markets.
- Following this we will have a line of innovative and inspirational business leaders talking about their way to reach success with a unique product in a competitive market. We will learn more about how combining process and packaging can create exceptional qualities, how “A smart new way of eating” will change our habits and about how an innovative beverage packaging in the high-end will challenge the recession.
Finally we are having dinner at the conference hotel Star in Lund.
Day 2 – Packaging Beyond Recession
The main day will include the entire value chain together with specialists who will give their view on the present and the upcoming situation. The session will be led, also this year, by Lennart Wikström, the CEO of Cultimedia.
- We commence at 8.00 with registration and coffee while the actual programme starts at 9.00 with a strategic overview of the situation in the EU from a retailer and consumer standpoint. Alan Heyes from IGD will describe how the retailers are handling the present situation and the impacts for packaging.
- Following this we are having speakers on the platform representing brand owners and retailers who will give their view of how the economic situation is affecting business and how it is handled. All from a packaging view point.
- Before the packaging industry will enter the stage we will hear about findings from a recent consumer study. Nine, a multidisciplinary innovation company has conducted some interesting consumer research about the future of packaging in Europe. Also Amore a design agency will share with us their insights in the power of communication.
- The packaging industry will be well represented by some the leading players representing different materials and applications. We will hear more about where we are going and what to expect in the near future. Sustainability, for instance, has in a very short period of time become the norm rather than the exception.
The day will be concluded at 17.30.
About the speaker’s presentations